Add custom field in the create subtask menu

Wissal Chaoued March 5, 2018

Hi, I'm new to jira, I'm developing a plugin and I want to add other fields in the create subtask menu. 

I tried adding the fields Administration -> Issues -> Custom fields and I thought that was it but when I tried creating new project , the fields were gone. 

I read some solutions on the internet like that each time I create a new project I ue the Create with Shared Configuration , but I don't want that ! I want the fields to be permanent in my plugin.

Is there a solution ? 

Thanks in advance

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2018

When you create fields in the  Administration -> Issues -> Custom fields the fields are created permanently in your Jira, but they do not appear in the screens unless you add them. You need to add custom fields to the screen scheme in your project.

Wissal Chaoued March 6, 2018

Thank you for your response Alexey :) ,

I did that of course for my current project , but what I meant is when I create a whole new project I need the create subtask screen always contains my custom fields. 

Do I add that in the atlassian-plugins.xml  or how ? 

Thanks !!

Suggest an answer