Add custom 'Statistic Type' to group gadget

Eliseu Rodrigues Menezes August 25, 2017

I have the following filter:
status was resoled by membersOf (developers)

I'm using the 'Pier chart' gadget, I would like it in 'Statistic Type' to be grouped by the user who passed the status to resolved.

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2017

You will need to find or write a bit of code to do that.

The gadget can work on users, as you can tell by looking for "reporter" or "assignee" in the list.  But "last person who moved the issue through a transition" is not a field in JIRA. 

You'll either need to create a single user field for it, and then change your workflows so that a post-functionc sets the field to "current user", or create a scripted field that will look in the history to work it out.

Is there a way to create this field, and is it populated automatically whenever the event occurs?

That is, whenever a user changes the status to resolved this new field is populated with the name of the user. That in case it should be a list of users, for each user who does this in the same issue.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2017

See third paragraph of my answer.  Although you'll need a multi-user-picker, and "add to list" code.

So I do not want to take another step in my workflow.

This feature needs to be invisible

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 25, 2017

Please re-read it again, there's no mention of new steps.

I only found 'script field' if using the ScriptRunner plug-in, and I do not have this plugin.

Or can I use the script field in another way?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 25, 2017

There are other add-ons that might be able to do a scripted field for you, and some that might provide an explicit "users who did transaction" as well.

I've always got ScriptRunner around, so I've not looked for them

Suggest an answer