Add comments

Gregory M January 14, 2013

Hello,

I have a question, when a comment is added will it be possible to delete the entire history and keep only the last comment?

When there are a lot of comments on a issue, the comments are very long and email notifications become unreadable.

3 answers

1 vote
Abdulrazaq Mohammed Ali Omar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2013

I believe you are facing this issue : https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-14543 the workaround should be implemented on Outlook's end.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2013

Can you read the section "Add a comment before a specified marker or separator in the email body" in https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email

This happens when the replies comes from clients that has a different format that the default quoted emails, like Outlook.

Gregory M January 21, 2013

Hi,

Thanks for your response!

And there is a solution for users using Outlook?

Regards

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2013

Yeah, that document is all about Outlook, I thought.

Gregory M January 23, 2013

Maybe i'm stupid but i tried several options like /----\s*Original Message\s*----/ or /_____________*/ and it not wokring.

Please find below my last command that i've put on my Studio Email Handler:

splitregex=/From:*/,createusers=false,notifyusers=false,ccwatcher=false,ccassignee=false,stripquotes=true

We are using Outlook.

Thanks for your help!

It's very strange! I've installed a download version for testing in our infrstructure and it's working!

I've put exactly the same parameters on the on-demand version and it's NOT working...

Do you have an idea?

Thanks for your help!

Regards

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2013

May be then you need to contact support.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 14, 2013

Can you confirm that you are creating comments from non quoted email body?

Yes i confirm:

And the next step

Gregory M January 15, 2013

Someone have an idea please?

It's very strange! I've installed a download version for testing in our infrstructure and it's working!

I've put exactly the same parameters on the on-demand version and it's NOT working...

Do you have an idea?

Thanks for your help!

Regards

Suggest an answer