Add caption to notify users using BOLD RED highlighted notes

Packialakshmi October 17, 2017

Hi Team,

I would like to add caption to notify the user in red highlighted text to "search for existing defect before adding a NEW defect" in the issue creation screen.

I had followed the below options and did not achieve this task successfully.

1)ToolKit plugin is not supported for our JIRA self hosted server.  2) Tried with Default/Wiki text rendered options for field configurations. - it is showing "red bold highlighted texts" after the issue submission.

But my requirement is to add this important caption during issue creation (on issue creation screen). Is there any way easier way to execute this process.

Please guide me on this.

3 answers

1 vote
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2017

Please don't use red. Blue is better for the 10% of men who are colorblind

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2017

I completely agree, red is a terrible colour to use for this.

Packialakshmi October 19, 2017

Matt, I will try to add caption in blue color  ( as your wish). :)

0 votes
Gregor Kasmann_Actonic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2017

Jira Toolkit Plugin is available both for JIRA Cloud and self hosted servers.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.toolkit/server/overview

Steps to add red message on Create screen:

1. Add new "Message Custom Field (for edit)" custom field

2. Set default value with your text like:

<p style="color:red">Some message</p>

3. Add the field to prope screens.

4. Profit!

2017-10-18 11_46_09-Create Issue.png

Apologies for the late response.

Really Thank you guys for the support and comments.

In our organization, There are lot of process involved in getting plugins... so I thought to try without plugin. I think I will need to follow the process for getting plugin & will try with Tool Kit plugin.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2017

Message fields from the Jira Toolkit are working fine for me.  What do you mean by "not supported"?

Nic, 

we are currently using JIRA server v 7.2.0.  I meant Plugin UNSUPPORTED listed for JIRA server 7.0.0 - 7.5.1. 

Jira Toolkit Plugin

by Atlassian Labsfor Jira Cloud, Jira Server 7.0.0 - 7.5.1 and more versions UNSUPPORTED

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Suggest an answer