Add an "issue link" to an external web page in the JIRA issue create screen

David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 12, 2017

Is there a way to add a "Web Link" i.e. an Issue Link to an external system on the issue creation screen?

I can't see a good way of doing this.

1 answer

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2017

There is - I added a couple the other day. You need to have system Admin rights to do this.

Add a Custom field, then on the Select a Field Type, click on Advanced (down the left side) and select Message Custom Field, as per below

Picture0001.jpg

Picture0001.jpg

David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 12, 2017

Do you mean create a custom field and add the web link in that?

Or this will create an external link in the Issue Link section?

I'm after the latter.

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2017

As described above, you create a specific type of Custom Field and associate it with the Create screen. You can then put in any HTML / wiki markup as default text. When finished it will look something like this :

Picture0002.jpg

Suggest an answer