Add an "issue link" to an external web page in the JIRA issue create screen Edited

David Simpson Community Champion Sep 12, 2017

Is there a way to add a "Web Link" i.e. an Issue Link to an external system on the issue creation screen?

I can't see a good way of doing this.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.
Warren Levy Community Champion Sep 12, 2017

There is - I added a couple the other day. You need to have system Admin rights to do this.

Add a Custom field, then on the Select a Field Type, click on Advanced (down the left side) and select Message Custom Field, as per below

Picture0001.jpg

Picture0001.jpg

David Simpson Community Champion Sep 12, 2017

Do you mean create a custom field and add the web link in that?

Or this will create an external link in the Issue Link section?

I'm after the latter.

Warren Levy Community Champion Sep 12, 2017

As described above, you create a specific type of Custom Field and associate it with the Create screen. You can then put in any HTML / wiki markup as default text. When finished it will look something like this :

Picture0002.jpg

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

150 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you