Add a new watcher

Nehama SITRUK January 22, 2013

Hello,

I would like to add new watchers in my Jiras.

Could you tell me how can I do that.

Thanks for your help.

Nehama

4 answers

1 accepted

12 votes
Answer accepted
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2013

If you click the number next to "Watch" or "Watching" (differs depending on whether or not you are a watcher yourself yet), you will see a little box appear with the current watchers of the issue. When you have the proper permissions, this will also include a text field in which you can add users in order to make them wathcer of the issue.

So I obviously can't. Is it possible to have the access?

MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2013

In order to see if you have the propper permissions, do the following.
From the top bar of your instance, select the relevant project you want to check the permissions, or search it up from there., Once you accessed the project, tap "g+g" to open the administration search window, and search for "Permissions". This will display the project permissions to you. Now, search for "Manage watchers" and look which users/project roles have this permission. If it displays project roles only, tap "g+g" again and search for "Roles" . You will get 2 options, "User Management" and "JIRA". Choose for JIRA, and check in the next screen to which project role your account has been assigned.

If you are not an administrator on the instance itself, or an admin to the project, please have some one with these rights check this for you.

Like # people like this
2 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2013

can you check the permissions if you're allowed to "Manage Watchers"

I'm not sure I have the permission to 'manage watchers".

When I go to More Action Watchers I can't do anything except cancel my name

I'm sorry i'm quite hopeless with the Jiras but I don't find this way

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2013

are you the project admin?

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013
View permissions inside the projects admin panel

No i'm not the project admin

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013

ok.

i suggest you ask him to grant this permission to you then.

ok i will do that. Are you able to tell me the name of this person?

thanks

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013

sorry no...the person who set up your ondemand jira projects should be the one to ask

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2013

Erm, it's your system, not ours. Have a look at the "contact administrators" link if you've got it. Ask your project leads, or your support people or your boss.

I've asked the project admin.

Thanks

0 votes
Nehama SITRUK January 28, 2013

sorry i was thinking that if i accept any answer it was good.

Finally as you told to me, I've asked the project manager to add the authorization. So which answer I have to accept?

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2013

ok in that case my answer that said

"can you check the permissions if you're allowed to "Manage Watchers"

but still Micks answers is correct too....because it answers your "how to add watcher" question. depending on the missing background info that came up during discussing so i suggest to accept his answer as well

0 votes
Nehama SITRUK January 28, 2013

Hello,

How can I close my demand if it's resolved?

Thanks for your help

Nehama

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2013

no need to close. simply accept the answers that helped you solving your issue

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2013
Hmm you think your own answer was the correct one? At least micks answer should be accepted

Suggest an answer