Add a custom text field when creating a new issue

Agi Savic May 3, 2017

We needed some custom field in our all user stories. I have created custom field (Release notes) and it allowed me to add to one project. However when I wanted to add globally to another project:

Create issue - Configure fields - Where is my field - screen goes completely blackout and I'm not able to move anywhere forward nor add custom field which already exists but does not display on issue template. 

Anyone had the same problem?

fields.PNGproblem.PNG

3 answers

1 vote
Agi Savic June 29, 2017

They said to me over the email that this bug has been fixed but I still see this from time to time. 

The solution for this is to add your custom field to your template from Configure with admin permission and in Issue  pick up Custom Field and manually add this to the template (either default issue screen or just to the particular one you need for). 

Adding as I was trying before never worked for me despite the fact I got "the bug fixed"!

ankita garg June 29, 2017

Yup. Added using Issues>Custom field. Thanks.

0 votes
ankita garg June 28, 2017

Hi Agnieszka,

I am facing a similiar issue. 'Where is my field' doesnot work for me either.

0 votes
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2017

Hi Agnieszka,

Since you're experiencing an issue with the 'Where is my field' screen I would suggest going to support.atlassian.com and ask for help there. They might know about any known bugs and potential solutions to your specific problem.

Best,

Maarten

Suggest an answer