Add a button to the sub task screen to add more custom fields

Mohammed Khadir February 21, 2013

I would like to add a button to a sub task. That button would give the ability to add more custom fields.

3 answers

0 votes
Mohammed Khadir February 24, 2013

Do you know what files I would have to edit to get his done. I have an open question with atlassian now and they are going to try to make it a feature request.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2013

Add more custom fields to where?

What I would like to have is an option for a user to add a custom field such as add defect because on the subtask I have 1 custom field. The user would push add defect and then a custom field would appear and they would choose the options given to them.

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2013

Why don't you have a workflow transition that sets the value of the custom field? Make it so that the issue cannot be progress unless that value is set?

I do have a workflow transition but the customer wants to add more than one defect in the case, that is why I need a button to add more custom fields.

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 24, 2013

If defect is another issue, ask them to link the issues together?

0 votes
Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 23, 2013

i think that you can do it with javascript

Suggest an answer