Add User to a project

Viktor Iwan December 22, 2014

Hello,

I already add another user in JIRA. From the "Project Roles" it registered as Users in project that i already create.

But when i add an issue and i would like to assign to that other user, JIRA display that user does not exist.

Any idea what missing ?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2014

You need to make sure the role has the "assignable user" permission

Viktor Iwan December 22, 2014

Where can i set that ?... there's only Administrator, Developers, and Users when i see Project Roles for User

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2014

In the permission scheme. The stuff about roles is flags that you grant to a user's accounts. Those flags are used by the permission scheme. As a project administrator, you should be able to read the permission scheme for your project on the admin tab. You'll find the permissions say things like "Browse project: Role (users), Role (developers)", "Edit issue: Assignee, Reporter" and the most important one in this case: "Assignable user: Role (developers)". (I'm guessing at these examples, you'll need to read your own scheme to see what it says). If you really do have Assignable: Role developers, then you'll need to add your users into that role.

Suggest an answer