Add Tempo Worklog Attribute to Jira Screen

Adrian Moerchen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2014

Hi,

1. We've configured a required Worklog Attribute "ABC",
  2. On "Close Issue" it is possible to log work, but the required field "ABC" is not shown there

Is it possible to add such fields to screens as well?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Sandra Axelsdóttir [Tempo] April 2, 2014

Hi Adrian.

It is not possible to add Tempo Worklog Attribute on JIRA Screens, they are only added to the Tempo Log work screen. The log work field you added to the "close issue screen" is the JIRA log work field, but not the Tempo log work field. Those two are separate fields, even though the JIRA log work entry ends up in Tempo.

I hope this explains.

Adrian Moerchen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2014

Hello Sandra,

Thanks for the fast answer. Would be nice if Tempo would/could support these dialogs somewhen.

Like # people like this
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 1, 2014

Hi Sandra,

How do we validate a user logged work before resolving/closing a ticket? I want that mandatory that work is logged before the ticket is resolved. I wanted to do that by adding a validator in the workflow transition and couldnot figure out which fields I should select.

Sandra Axelsdóttir [Tempo] May 1, 2014

Hi Mehmet.

If you want log work to be mandatory, how will you solve duplicate issues or issues that are created by accident and need to be closed without logging work?

This is not possible within Tempo and I don't know about a field in JIRA to do this.

If you can create a custom field based on work ratio or something similar, then the JIRA Suite Utility plugin might help.

Anthony France April 9, 2018

how will you solve duplicate issues or issues that are created by accident and need to be closed without logging work?

@Sandra Axelsdót  Then they would submit a time of zero.

We want the field to be manditory so that the  users are forced to enter something.  If the time they need to log is zero, than this is fine.  Zero is a valid amount of time to log but we can't have devs logging NULL time.

Like Deleted user likes this
0 votes
Tempo Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 7, 2015

Hi Adrian and Mehmet

Here is a request for this feature within our support system: https://tempoplugin.jira.com/browse/TT-665. If you wish to see this issue go forward, please vote and comment on it.

Best regards,

Heiða Dóra

Tempo Team

William Wynn May 15, 2018

That link shows as private for me. Is this still a feature on your radar and is there somewhere else I can go to vote on it?

Like Yaroslav Shatkevich likes this
Jira Automation January 22, 2019

Also shows private for me.

It seems they no longer make public their issue tracker.   I've dealt with Tempo on other bugs/feature requests and have been told there's no way for me to track the issue.

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2020

Here's the link to the idea to vote/comment on in the new Idea Portal for Tempo (not tracking bugs there, only ideas/feature requests).

https://ideas.tempo.io/ideas/T-I-358

More info on the Idea Portal here: https://www.tempo.io/idea-portal

Carolyn

Tempo

Suggest an answer