Add Reporter field to a create issue screen

Rumceisz May 14, 2012

Hi All,

maybe it seems to be a layman question but I cannot add the Reporter field to a create Incident screen. I could add all the necessary custom fields to this screen but the Reporter is not custom field.

Can you please help?

Thanks in advance!

Rumi

3 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Rumceisz May 14, 2012

Hi guys,

the problem was that the requester hadn't got the modify reporter permission.

Regards,

Rumi

Christopher Lohman September 19, 2013

Thanks for that follow up. It just helped me figure out why I couldn't see the field.

0 votes
Mark Symons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2012

This is a very useful page in the documentation that should point you in the right direction:

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Fields+and+Screens

To solve your problem you should be looking at the screen scheme.. that will give you the name of the screen that is linked to the issue operation "Create Issue". The name is a link.. you can just click and edit.

By default, the scheme will use the Default Screen for all operations. I found it useful to associate the create operation with a custom screen so that I could do exactly the sort of thing that you want to do... add in a couple of fields and (also useful) remove some fields that I only only want to be modified when the issue is triaged in a later step (eg: Due Date).

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2012

You should be able to do this from Administration > Screens. Go to the screen and add the Reporter field from the list below.

Also note that you should have permissions to modify the Reporter - under project permissions!

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 14, 2012
Like Ali Nikoonia likes this
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 14, 2012

It is not the transition screen that is used. Create/Edit/View operations have screens defined using screen schemes. Find the one used for Create in your project.

Rumceisz May 14, 2012

Hi Jobin,

there is no transition screen for thies create issue step. In this case, what is the "default" screen? So, where can I add the Reporter field to a screen?

Thanks!

Rumi

Suggest an answer