Add Organizations field in Create Issue Screen

Marcelle Guiné August 30, 2017

Hi ! :)

Is it possible to show the Organization field in the Create Screen?

I've included the Organization field in the Create Screen, as it shown in the image below.

Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 21.38.30.png

But when I create an issue, the field doesn't show:

Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 21.39.07.png

Thanks ! :D

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2017

It's not an issue field, so you can't fill it in for issues, so it doesn't appear on Create.

Ensos Support November 21, 2017

Sorry, but how do you associate the issue with the organization if this is the case?

Joseph Newcomb July 27, 2018

How is this resolved? It clearly is an issue field...

jiraOrg.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2018

Nope.   It's a request field.  Requests lead to issues, but they are not issues themselves.

6 votes
K_ Yamamoto
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 29, 2018

Hi Marcelle,

It's pretty late to answer your question, but I try to help someone who encounters the similar issue to you.

Your question is fair because even we correctly configure the screen setting, Jira won't show Organizations field to us. It is a known issue and tracked at JSDCLOUD-4723. Then the recommended workaround is Raising requests on behalf of customers.

Screenshot 2018-08-30 15.17.53.png

With that feature, JSD agents can choose which organization to be shared with just like when the customer actually raises an issue (the reporter should belong to some organization beforehand, of course). 

Hope this helps!

Kenta

0 votes

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-I am trying to get it to show up on the Change Create Issue Screen this way I can make it a required field. At the moment the only way to update this is after the change is created...

So I'll need to create a custom field for what I'm trying to accomplish? I just want a field to add groups or individuals to communication on the change request for visibility...is that the best way to do that?

Suggest an answer