Add New Relic gadget to JIRA Cloud Dashboard

Mark Malek April 27, 2015

I'm trying to add a new relic gadget to my dashboard. I've searched through a lot of documentation and everything points to clicking on the 'Add Gadget to Directory' button which is not visible in the Gadget Directory modal when I click on 'Add Gadget'. Even the Cloud documentation show that this button should be visible.

I'm the site admin, my user belongs to the site-admin and administrator roles.

Is this not supported and the docs are incorrect?

2 answers

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 16, 2015

Hi Mark,

Sorry for any confusion,  The process outlined would be for the JIRA server platform, as access to the manage gadget's option mentioned by @Rodrigo Silva can only be accessed by System Administrators, and therefore cannot be accessed by JIRA Cloud Admins or site-admin, covered in the Restricted Functions:

Also in the Restricted Functions this falls into the category of an external gadget, and unless the External provider (NewRelic) has a developed plugin to support this functionality for the CLOUD environment, this cannot be accomplished in JIRA cloud.  And looking at the vendors marketplace listing this is only available for JIRA server:

0 votes
Rodrigo Silva
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 28, 2015

Hi Mark, if you are the adm, please type g+g and "gadget". Press enter and you will be redirected to Configure System Dashboard page. There you will find the "Add Gadget" on the top right.

I hope this information is useful to you! In case not, please check this Full Documentation.

Cheers,

Rodrigo Silva | Cloud Support

Mark Malek April 28, 2015

Hi Rodrigo, I am the admin and I followed your instructions but I do not see the 'Add Gadget to Directory' option on the Configure System Dashboard page either. I've attached a screenshot of what I see. From all the documentation, I should see a button at the bottom of this modal labeled "Add Gadget to Directory" but I do not see it.

Screenshot 2015-04-28 01.41.37.png

Suggest an answer