Add @Mentions to Custom Field

Erik Buchholz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2019

Currently we organize our projects that anyone can browse the project but only the project team and involved people can see the issues. To add people there is a custom field 'accessing users'.

We would like to be able to @mention any user and that this user is added to the custom field.

I see three challanges

1. enable the @mention for users that don't have access to the issue.
  2. add the mentioned user to the custom field
  3. notify the user

Is there a possibilty for this? Is there a plug-in that could help. We're running Scriptrunner and Automation for Jira.

3 answers

0 votes
Yana Stoliarova September 29, 2021

Gathering Interest JRASERVER-32563 

Erik Buchholz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2021

Hi @Yana Stoliarova ,

thanks for your hint, but I think JRASERVER-32563 means something different than we need here.

In JRASERVER-32563 you want to be able to mention users inside a custom field in the same way as in comments or descriptions.

We want to mention users (in comments or descriptions) that can't be mentioned as they have no access to this issue yet. But we can give them access to this issue by adding them to a custom field. We just want to simplify the process to add the users to the custom field, save the issue and then be able to mention them.

Regards

0 votes
Elie March 6, 2020

I also have the same problem here, I need to mention someone of authority to deliver sensitive notes contained in a custom field.

Please help

0 votes
Kevin Maes January 31, 2020

I'm trying to figure out a way for this as well. Mention users that are filled in in a previous step (custom field multi user select)

We also have automation and scriptrunner to help us out

Suggest an answer