Add Link Issue functionality to create screen

Esther Strom, ACP-JA November 7, 2013

We use the Link functionality (currently found under the More Actions button on issues) to link related issues. Currently, we need to create a new issue, then go to that issue and do the link. Is there any way to include the link functionality on the issue creation screen? I've looked at the custom field types available, and can't see anything that would do that. It seems like something that should be possible.

We are on Jira 5.1. I'm assuming that there may be some way to do it in newer versions, but due to IT restrictions we are stuck for now.

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andrey Markelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2013

Hi,

You can try https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/ru.mail.jira.plugins.lf.queryfields

This add-on allows to link single issue.

1 vote
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2013

I was able to add the link functionality on the Create Screen by adding the field "Linked Issues" to the "Default Screen". However this will also add the Linked Issue field available on the edit issue screen etc.

You can find the Configure Screen part through the Administration menu. Administration -> Screens -> find Default Screen in the List -> Configure.

If you would only like to include this functionality in the Create screen and not in the Edit screen etc, you'll have to create a new Screen and add it to the "Create" transition in your workflows.

Esther Strom, ACP-JA November 13, 2013

That functionality is not available in 5.1.

0 votes
Vineela Durbha February 17, 2020

Can someone help me on how to add the linked issue field to jira create screen?

0 votes
keyur December 15, 2014

Can i add one field on link issue screen? I would like to display same field on default screen under Link Issue section.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2014

No, not without code.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2013

You can do this in version 6 of Jira. I don't think it's available in 5.x without a bit of coding.

Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2013

Oh right, OnDemand makes me forget about "older" versions and their missing functionalities! :-)

Suggest an answer