Add First Name&Last Name to JIRA Email notification subject

Valeriya Petrukhina December 17, 2013

Hi Atlassian Team!

I would like to add user's first&last name to jira email notification subject so when I get notification I could see who was the initiator?

For example: Email subject: Sam Jones JIRA issue summary etc

How could I edit subject templates for it?

Thank you!

2 answers

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2013

Thank you!

Unfortunately it isn't a solution.

But thank you for your time!)

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2013

You do not need to change email templates for this. Under Administration > System > General Configuration, you can change the Email From address to

${fullname} (JIRA)

I guess that is the default but have a look and see if someone changed that.

It is by default, but it looks like it doesn't work for me.

I don't see user's First&Last name.

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2013

Just to clarify, this will be the sender's name and not subject. If you want to change the subject, you will have to modify the templates. Usually people don't do that because it is duplication.

Yes, I know. But in From Field I just see my Jira's outgoing email configured.

I tried to use external gmail accout to test it, and it works fine. But it doesn't work with my corporate Exchange server.

Suggest an answer