Add Filter Picker in the Transition screen

Binisha October 9, 2013

Hi All,

Is there any possiblity to add filter picker, as we see in gadgets to the transition screen?

Thanks in advance

3 answers

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2013

@Binisha,

there is no custom field in jira as of now!!

you have to write your own code to achive this function.

use JavaScript and REST or develop filter picker custom field type.

Cheers!!

Binisha October 10, 2013

Hi Rambanam,

Thanks. Let me try that alternative, if there is no facility available in Jira

0 votes
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2013

I think there is no Filter Picker Type for Jira.

you have alternative to get the values from the Filter.

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/205262/filter-picker-in-jira-view-issue

Binisha October 10, 2013

Hi Bharadwaj,

Thanks! I will go through the link and get back to you.

Thanks.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2013

No. The filter pickers are there for asking the user what filter they want to use in a report, gadget or view.

A filter is not an object that has much relevance to an issue, so there's nothing there to support this, because it's pretty much useless. I can only think of one possible use for it myself, but I'd be interested to know why you're asking - there may be a workaround we can suggest (other than coding)

Binisha October 10, 2013

Hi Nic,

Thanks. I need an option to select all the issues from the filters, user adds into the issue and update a customfield with those issues.

However, I can add a text area/ text field and ask the users to type in their filter name, but I need to have a validation set to that field and also its not user friendly. So thats why I opted for a filter picker(if available).

Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2013

I'd use issue links for this - filtering isn't that useful here.

Suggest an answer