Add Fields to Create Linked Issue Form

mo09890 July 8, 2016

We're wanting to customise the form that is displayed when creating JIRA issues from a service desk ticket.  (More -> Create linked issue)

I can't find anywhere in admin that will let me change the fields on that particular form - any chance you can point me in the right direction?

1 answer

0 votes
Edward Lazor July 25, 2016

Any luck on this? I need to do the same thing, specifically trying to add the Due Date field to the Create Linked Issue form.

mo09890 August 4, 2016

Sadly not, I'll update this if I ever find a way to do it. If you get there first feel free to let me know too!

Edward Lazor August 9, 2016

Sounds good! After thinking about this though, I can see how what I am wanting to accomplish probably goes contrary to the design of that view. The idea is that the view is universal in nature, meaning that you can use it to create issues for any project. The field I want to add is project-specific. It makes sense that you cannot add project-specific fields to a general project view. Of course, you'd think Due Date would be pretty general...

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2016

Hey guys, please vote for this issue:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-60483

elisa May 19, 2017

So did I, @Susan - thanks for the link :)

Suggest an answer