Add Epic Name to Issue Collector

David Frager _gmail_ July 19, 2014

I would like to add an issue collector to a web site for the creation of Epics and Stories.

In order to do this, I need to be able to allow the entry of these fields in the Issue Collector, however, these fields are not available when I build the issue collector.

Is there a configuration step I need to follow? I am using a stand-alone version of JIRA

3 answers

2 votes
SHAWN KEMP August 15, 2016

Do you need the user to be able to dynamically set the epic? I'm not sure that is possible but one thing we do is manually set it through the javascript. For example:

Lets say I have an issue collector setup  and on the page where I have inserted the necessary code to have the form; I include the custom field number for the epic field which I got from viewing the page source. I then pass the epic slug. example:

<script type="text/javascript">window.ATL_JQ_PAGE_PROPS =  {
    "triggerFunction": function(showCollectorDialog) {
        //Requries that jQuery is available! 
        jQuery("#submit-link").click(function(e) {
            e.preventDefault();
            showCollectorDialog();
        });
    },fieldValues: {
        summary : '',
			components : ['19012'],
 customfield_10204 : "RSP-5064",

Where 

customfield_10204 : 

is the epic field and

"RSP-5064",
is my epic slug.

I hope this helps and makes sense. If you need the full script I can try to get you that but will have to doc out specific info.

Best Regards,

Shawn Kemp 

P L March 20, 2018

Hi Shawn, could you please provide the full script? I was able to get the custom field number and added the code to my script, but it did not work. 

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2018

Hi!

Let's generate js and set into your request related Epic. 

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

Slava Gefen January 21, 2023

It works and helped, thanks! 🙏

0 votes
Jason Marzan December 21, 2015

2015_12_21_16_15_00_Add_Issue_Collector_Nordstrom_JIRA.pngAny answers for this.  We are on the same boat.  We are trying to create an issue collector which will automatically be an Epic Issue Type.

0 votes
CGM August 19, 2014

We've the same problem.

How will it go on?

Suggest an answer