Add Crucible-only admin to JIRA-linked Crucible instance

Maarten Dirkse February 5, 2013

Hi,

I've got a Crucible (2.8.2) instance that is linked to JIRA for authentication. I want to grant admin privileges for Crucible to a specific user, but I don't want to also make that user a JIRA admin. JIRA integration seems to have disabled the "admin" checkbox in the Crucible edit screen, so I was wondering if anyone can give me any tips as to alternative methods to setup Crucible-only admins.

Regards,

Maarten

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabian Met February 6, 2013

I found the best way, when using Jira as user management, to create a seperate group for crucible-admins, and add these in the page Crucible administration | Security Settings | Administrators

This way, user management stays with the source at jira, and there is a new group with the sole purpose of being a crucible admin.

0 votes
Tini Good
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2013

Have you tried going to Crucible Administration | Security Settings | Administrators and adding the individual user to the Admin Users set there?

Suggest an answer