Adaptavist ScriptRunner functionality loss, upgrade from 6 to 7.

Wilson Hua May 19, 2016

What functionalities will be removed if I dont upgrade Adaptavist ScriptRunner 3.1.4 when our organisation move from JIRA 6 to 7?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2016

I'm afraid it's "everything".  3.1.4 is not supported on JIRA 7.

Wilson Hua May 19, 2016

Hi Nic,

Recently our Atlassian Guru left the company and our organisation is very unfamiliar with all the available add-ons. Can you please list the functionalities which we will lose if the update isn't implemented so we can decide on whether the update for the add on will be required?

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2016

Just disable the plugin and see if anyone complains. If no one does you don't need it.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2016

It's so powerful that there's so much you could have done with it, there's no way I can tell you what you might need to check without an essay and probably a forensic examination of your entire system. 

As Jamie says, your best bet probably is to disable it and wait for the yelling!

Suggest an answer