Active sprint view expands subtasks of only the first few issues

J. Cadow September 7, 2017

I've got a board that uses a saved filter. When I clicked the "Active sprints" icon in the left-hand sidebar, the first x issues have their tasks indented below them, as desired. But a whole bunch of additional issues appear at the bottom under "Other Issues" without their subtasks displayed. If I click on one of those unexpanded issues, JIRA displayS in the right-hand Details sidebar and under Sub-Tasks I see "n subtask[s] (is|are) being filtered by the board's Saved Filter." 

So far as I can tell, there's nothing in my saved filter that limits the number of issues displayed or would affect whether subtasks should be displayed.

My saved filter's query:

component in (<component value>) AND project in ("<project name>") AND type not in (Theme) ORDER BY Rank ASC

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2017

Hi

Clearly you have subtasks which are being filtered - the task now is to understand why. The filter has 3 sections :

Component

First and obvious check : do the "hidden" subtasks definitely have the Component correctly set?

Project

The subtasks must be in the project, so I don't think this can be the problem.

Type

Are the subtasks' "type" correct i.e. that they're not in Theme (whatever that is)? Do you use different subtask types? What "type" is one of the subtasks that is correctly appearing?

Copy your filter and view it in the Issues list - do you see the missing subtasks?

I can't think of anything else, sorry.

Warren

J. Cadow September 8, 2017

Thanks, Warren. Component wasn't set - duh! To be fair (to me), it wasn't set due to this bug: JRASERVER-5225. But I should have noticed that.

Thanks again for answering.

Jeff

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2017

Pleasure

Suggest an answer