Active directory user creation via Jira service desk

Ievgen Saz April 19, 2017

Good day, 

I want to automate active directory user creation via jira server service desk user portal. 

I've got all components in place (automation, scripts, etc) the only problem I have I dont know how to gather structured data from user who will be makings those requests. I want them to enter in separate field information like name, family name, their phone number and so on.

I see several ways of doing this:

• create custom fields in jira sd. I dont really like it because it will require new request type creation (not to include those fields in all requests) and it's quite complex
  • parsing the description of the ticket - that will lead to a whole bunch of errors, just because it will be too complicated for users.

From my perspective - I see the solution in creating some form with data validation to gather this data and writing in a structured way in the description or in another place, so we can use it later for automation.

Does anyone already solved this problem? I would be greatful for any information on the topic.

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Bajrak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2017

Hi,

in plugin Active Directory Attr Sync, there is post function "Create user in Active Directory/Ldap Server". You need to just import configuration from JIRA to plugin or add it manually and in configuration of post function choose custom fields for user name, user e-mail, start password ....

I hope I've helped you.

Best Regards

0 votes
Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2017

You want users that register themselves on JIRA Service Desk to be synchronized back to Active Directory? 

Ievgen Saz April 19, 2017

Not exactly, my HRs will create a request filling in the data and than Jira SD will run a PowerShell script that will create a user in Active Directory.

Suggest an answer