Active directory integration

Daniel Hjelle January 28, 2014

Hi

Our Jira installation is all ready in use. When i am going to integrate AD to Jira do i need to delete the old users ? Or is there a way to change the current users from "JIRA internal Directory" to AD controlled user ? I was hoping that i would not have to give all my users new user accounts. Because some user defined settings will be lost for all my users.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2014

As long as you have the same usernames in AD, you can just integrate with AD and put that directory above internal directory. Make sure you preserve the group memberships too for correct permissions.

If the usernames are different, you will have to create them in AD or do some migration.

0 votes
Daniel Hjelle February 2, 2014

Hi sorry for being a bit slow. I now understand what you meant about putting the directory above the internal directory. I only had to go to User directories and change the order for authentication. Thanks for the information

0 votes
Daniel Hjelle January 28, 2014

Hi

I have the same username in AD as i have in Jira. But what do you mean with: "put that directory above internal directory"( Do you mean the LDAP permission settings). I tried with read only setting in LDAP permssion when i integrated with Jira. This gave me a warning with my user where defined in two different directories(jira internal and Active directory). This is why i am asking if i need to delet the old users. Thanks for the help :)

Suggest an answer