Active Directory with no emails

Dario d November 20, 2013

I'm planning to connect Jira to an AD which doesn't contain user emails. I'd like to know if this is possible, and if it is what are the available options to populate emails?

Any help is appreciated.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Anand Unadkat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2013

Yes you can add emails after they have been imported. If you import it through Read only then you will have to add it in the AD itself otherwise with Read/Write you can add it in JIRA and it will update the AD as well.

1 vote
Anand Unadkat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2013

Hi Dario,

As far as I know, you can connect JIRA to AD without having email address, the only problem I see here is with the notification. If you have it turned on, you may get errors which say email address not found for example. It is only when you try to create a user internally that It asks for email address as mandatory.

Regards

Anand

Dario d November 20, 2013

Thank you.

Any idea on is it possible to add emails to users after they're 'imported' from AD?

Suggest an answer