Active Directory Group Membership

Jonathan Kernan January 7, 2015

Hi there,

I've set up a connection to our company's Active Directory Server.  I selected the Internal with LDAP Authentication.  When I select "copy user on login" as you can see below, the user can now log on to JIRA with their Active Directory details. However, the groups associated with that user are deleted after logging in for the first time. Is there a way to keep the user details synchronised with each log in but not cause previously associated groups to be no longer linked to a user?  

LDAP.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Shanye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2015

When you say, "the groups associated with that user are deleted after logging in for the first time," do you mean the groups associated with that user in your LDAP directory? If so, you may want to try checking the 'Synchronize Group Memberships' box on your screenshot -  that should pull down the users' group memberships from LDAP.

Jonathan Kernan January 7, 2015

Hi Shayne, I mean the groups in the Internal JIRA Directory. I was already registered as a user and assigned to jira-users,jira-administrators, etc..

Suggest an answer