Activate transitions on Events?

Brian Albers October 2, 2012

We have an internal process whereby the sub-tasks of a story transition move through our workflow independently, but we would like the story on which they are attached to transition automatically when the sub-tasks have all moved.

Essentially, I'm looking to transition stories or tasks in response to other events. I searched for plugins with no luck, and found the ability to write Listeners based on change events. However, I could not find enough APIs to transition elements in the Java code as documented.

Am I on the right track? Are events / listeners the correct way to implement triggered transitions, or is there a better way to achieve this (or none at all).

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2012

Listeners should do the job. You can also write a post function which will keep everything in the workflows itself.

Scriptrunner has a built-in script to do something similar, but only for resolve step. You can look through the code to get some ideas. It is in groovy but the APIs are same.

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/GRV/Built-In+Scripts#Built-InScripts-Transitionparentwhenallsubtasksareresolved

Brian Albers October 2, 2012

Thanks, that is a great place for me to start.

Suggest an answer