Activate due date field in sub tasks

Anuj April 26, 2017

We would need to activate the due date field for Subtasks. This is very important for us. Please suggest steps enable this feature at the earliest.

Note: We are using JIRA as a link which we enter it in the browser to use the product.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2017

The easiest way to find out what you need to do is go to an issue that you want to have the due date on, click "edit", and then look to the top right of the edit screen for the "where's my field" link.

That will pop a list of things you have to do to get it to appear, highlighting any that are not set up yet, and give you convenient links to the places you need to visit.

Anuj April 26, 2017

Thank you for the information.

However, I have tried to follow the steps as mentioned by you. But unfortunately, It did not let me add the due date field to sub tasks. Please suggest.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2017

You need to explain what "did not let me add" means.  Error message?  No option on the screen or field configuration for changing them?  Or did you set it all up and still have no field?

Also, what did the "where's my field" link tell you is missing from your configuration?

Anuj April 26, 2017

Hi Nic,

Thanks for helping me here.

I have tried to add the due date by selecting a sub-tasks and then clicked on "where's my field" link.

When i select the due date column,  ( refer to attached)

JIRA sub tasks - due date error.pngIt gives me an error 'the Due Date field is not present on the form  you are viewing'

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2017

Is there a value for due date in this issue? Fields are not visible, if they have no value.

Anuj April 26, 2017

How to add value in this field.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2017

just click the "Edit" button

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2017

Yes, it's not got a value, so it won't show on view.

As I said, you needed to go to the "edit" screen and use the "where's my field" from there if it's not on the screen for you to enter something for it.

Anuj April 26, 2017

I think I am not able to understand here. Can you please provide me step by step information to follow and have it worked.

Because after I select the 'due date' from the drop down, It gave me an error as attached in an earlier message.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2017

Klick on Edit:

due1.png

Enter Due Date:

due2.png

Then it should be visible in your issue view:

due3.png

Anuj April 26, 2017

I found that the field was not added to the project. Hence I went to settings and added the field from there exclusively.

This field needs to be added to projects individually. 

Thank you for the help.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2017

you're welcome :-)

Suggest an answer