Action 'ConfigureNotifications' not found or could not be initialized a class with that name could not be found.

alexeybu September 10, 2012

Hi all!

Short description of the plugin: it has *.jsp page uploaded to the Tomcat, installed plugin that should open this page. After initial setup everything was OK and page was displaying correctly but today I've noticed that trying to open this page causes exception:

HTTP Status 404 - Could not execute action [ConfigureNotifications!default]:
Action 'ConfigureNotifications' not found or could not be initialized a class with that name could not be found.
<p><small><small><pre>java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
at com.atlassian.jira.config.webwork.JiraActionFactory$JiraPluginActionFactory.getActionImpl(JiraActionFactory.java:425)
at webwork.action.factory.PrefixActionFactoryProxy.getActionImpl(PrefixActionFactoryProxy.java:99)

I've double-checked all the code and it seems OK. Moreover it works good on the Jira that delievered with SDK.
What can be a reason of such exception and what is the way to solve it? I suppose that restart can help but it would be good to solve this problem without restart...

Yesterday I was playing with registering/unregistering event listeners and may be this exception is connected with my experiments, but not sure.

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
alexeybu September 20, 2012

As I suspected the issue occured because of unregisterAll. The way I've fixed it - Jira restart.

Suggest an answer