Account for Holidays in the Notification Email

Robert Hauser July 1, 2021

Regarding automated notifications (emails), can Jira account for holidays?

For example, within the body of the email, we have logic to populate an actual date:

Please provide feedback or approval within two business days (July 5, 2021).

The issue is that we are closed July 5th because it's a holiday, so the date should be July 6, 2021.

Is there logic I can add to the notification?  Here is what we have:

Please provide feedback or approval within two business days ({{Now.plusBusinessDays(2).longDate}}).

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Sadeesh Narendran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2021

@Robert Hauser I am not able to find the smart value for Non-working day list (which has list of Non working days which we can define in Board Settings.

As a workaround you can create a custom field (multiselect) and enter the Non working dates. Then use Jira project automation to compare the dates and accordingly you can display your usual date or +1day according to the output of compare dates.

Also you need to consider looping/ branching to get the next valid working day and develop your Automation

Hope that helps!

Robert Hauser July 8, 2021

Thank you!  I will give that a try.

Helen June 20, 2022

@Robert Hauserdid you manage to get this working?

I'm trying to achieve a similar result (in Jira Server), however accessing the multiselect field containing the non-working dates doesn't seem to retrieve anything *unless* the user has actually selected one or more values.

Suggest an answer