Account Change does not affect existing Sub-Task Worklogs?

Matthias Kannenberg May 3, 2016

We use a latest JIRA Server installation with latest Tempo Timesheet version. We also don't use additional worklog attributes (so no account attribute).

If I set an account for an issue, log work for that issue, and then change the account, the worklog association changes to the new account ONLY for Epics, Bugs and Stories.

If I do the same for a subtask, the subtask worklog keeps the old account and is not updated with the new account.

How can I automatically update the subtask worklog in the same way it does for all other issue types?

Additional Information:

We usually have subtask accounts set to 'Inherit from parent Issue', but neither changing the parent Account, nor explicitly setting an account for the subtasks makes the worklog in the sub-task update to the new account.

1 answer

0 votes
Hlynur Johnsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2016

Hi Matthias,

Worklogs on sub-tasks should be associated with the account selected on the sub-task, in the same way as worklogs are associated with accounts on higher level issue types, as long as you are not using the account worklog attribute.

Please note that if you use the inheritance option, the account will only be inherited when creating the sub-task.  If you change the account on the parent issue after that, the sub-task won't be affected.  This also means that you can change the account on the sub-task, without affecting the parent issue.  Worklogs on the sub-task will be associated with the account selected on the sub-task.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Hlynur Johnsen

Product Owner - Tempo

Matthias Kannenberg May 3, 2016

Actually, it didn't really help, because I already had everything in place as you described. Interestingly though, all accounts I changed an hour ago are now updated, so I assume this is a caching issue?

I can still reproduce this issue, simply by:

1. Looking at an old worklog of a subtask and it's associated account (either through accounts view or excel export
  2. Change account of said subtask
  3. Looking at the same worklog again. It still has the old account

But since all other worklogs are now correct, I assume this will fix itself it this is in fact a server side caching issue (I did clear my browser cache, but that should not be an issue anyway for things like excel export)..

Suggest an answer