Accidental deletion

Jim Orr December 31, 2014

I know that deletion purges from the DB.

But can I resurrect the record by accessing a activity log? or some other method.

Please assist

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 31, 2014

No. that is why many people don't allow deleting. Deleted records will eventually come back to bite you. I don't allow deleting by anyone. If you want to clean out a project you can move them to a archival project with just browse for selected users. You can have a resolution of cancelled, deleted, or entered in error to convey the idea it shouldn't be considered as valid, but don't delete.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 31, 2014

No.  There is nothing.  Other than the backup.  When did you last download a backup?

If you are very stuck, you might raise a call with OnDemand support to see if they are able and willing to pull it out of their backup system (although that is designed for rebuilding everything, not picking out accidental deletes)

Suggest an answer