Accessing php, css, html, etc files so as to configure Customer portal view

Patrick Chude January 19, 2016

Hello,

How can i gain access to php, css, html, etc. files so as to configure the Customer Portal View. I currently have jira running on a localhost. I simply launched the Windows installer to run JIRA on my browser 

2 answers

0 votes

Hello,

Thank you very much for the quick reply. Please is this the folder that you are referring to ?

Kindly see the attached image

For Atlassian Question.PNG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2016

I meant the application package file - should be an .obr

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2016

You'd need to find the service-desk application inside the JIRA installation, unpack it, make your changes and re-package it.

Hello Nic,

I found the service desk application folder. But the files are in "jar" format. Would these files be configurable so as to get my desired outcome?

Also i found the Atlassian bundled plugins folder. These files are also in "jar" format. Please see the screenshots below -

Jira servicedesk application.PNGAtlassian Bundled Plugins.PNG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2016

Ah, sorry, I thought the service desk was an obr, rather than a jar.  Not sure where I got that from.

Anyway, yes, the jars are the files you would need to unpack, edit the content and repack.

I strongly recommend that you do not do this, as it is a pain in the neck to maintain or upgrade, and it leaves you unsupported.

I should have said that sooner as well, most people give up when they realise that they're opening a can of worms.  May I ask what you're trying to achieve here?  There may be a better way to do it.

Patrick Chude January 20, 2016

Hello again,

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I think you are right, trying to configure these files might be more difficult than i think.

With the current JIRA platform i am running, i am hoping to achieve the following goals (i am hopefully that you will be able to assist me):

1. understand how the SLAs work and how to produce them

2. undesrstand how other included reports work and how to produce them.

3. understand possible use cases and probably demonstrate some use cases

4, create sample tickets with sample workflow

5. Produce relevant reports

6. If possible, do dummy apps

I hope my description comes across clearly

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 20, 2016

Those have nothing to do with hacking the code you were asking about.

For 1, 2, 4 and 5, start with a look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver030/jira-service-desk-documentation-761768528.html

For 3, you'll have to research that for yourself.  The docs include some generic use cases, as the software is aimed at covering a wide range of uses.  Individual use cases for your users are something you'll need to do internally

6. I don't know what you mean by "do dummy apps"

Suggest an answer