Access to parent issue fields in groovy listener

fjodors
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2013

Hi

I am testing Groovy listener "Create subtask". My idea is to create subtask and update some fields of this created subtask based from parentissue.

I assume I can add some code in additional issue actions, e.g.

/*subtask summary*/
issue.summary = 'Notestēt risinājumu';
/*find parentissue*/
def parentIssue = issue.getParentObject();

/*find tester in parentissue*/
parentTester=parentIssue.getCustomFieldValue("Tester");

/*find fix version in parent issue*/
parentFixversions=parentIssue.getFixVersions();

issue.assignee = parentTester;
issue.fixversions = parentFixversions;

However when I added this code, subtask was not created. What is wrong?

I detect that I can copy customfield value from createdsubtask to this subtask assignee

This code works:

def cf = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjects(issue).find { it.name == "Tester" }
def cfValue = issue.getCustomFieldValue(cf)
issue.setAssignee(cfValue);

However I need fields from parentIssue and I am not able to get it now.

Is it possible to add these actions in listener?

Thank you in advance,

Fyodor

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Bishop
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2013

How are you adding that first bit of code to the listener? Also when you try and run it, does Jira throw any errors on the screen or logs?

For the second bit of code...Have you tried getting the parent issue with this: issue.getParentObject()? Then you could get the parent field values like you do in the first bit of code.

fjodors
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 15, 2014

Hello

Thank you for reply, however my question became out of date so I don't need any help in this problem. Thanks

Suggest an answer