Access to Issue Activity Stream

Alfons Braunhuber December 15, 2013

Hi,

I wondered, if it was possible to hide the Issue activity Stream for standard Users.

I want to allow any user to browse Projects and see some Custome Fields like "Releasenotes", but dont want them to see the activity Stream of this issue. (Change History, Commits, protocol, ...). Users with a Project Role should be able to see the change history, commits, ...

Do you know any way, how to do that?

Greets

EDIT: The JFS - Plugin is installed on the Jira-Instance, but doesnt provide the needed Fields (or i dont find it? )

1 answer

0 votes
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 15, 2013

Essentially the functionality you are looking for is Field Security.
JIRA itself does not offer this functionality out of the box, nor can it be configured in such a way.
There is a 3rd party plugin available though which offers this, the Field Security Plugin for JIRA.

Please be aware that this 3rd party plugin is being supported by its developer, and requires a license.

Alfons Braunhuber December 15, 2013

Hi Mick Nassette,
Thanks for your fast reply:

I've got JFS already installed on my Jira instance a week ago: this activity Stream is a standard Field, I think, but JFS only shows "Time Tracking" and "Assignee" as Standard Fields, which security settings i could configure.

Alfons Braunhuber December 16, 2013

Hi Mick Nassette,
Thanks for your fast reply:

I've got JFS already installed on my Jira instance a week ago: this activity Stream is a standard Field, I think, but JFS only shows "Time Tracking" and "Assignee" as Standard Fields, which security settings i could configure, although all Custom Fields are shown.

Suggest an answer