Access direct to Jira Landing Page

Peter Natale November 28, 2019

I am trying to setup access for some users to Jira only. Our landing page though for our cloud instance is Confluence. 

When i try to login to the instance as a jira only user i get a 'Request access to Confluence' with no other option. 

I dont want these users accessing confluence or even requesting access. I dont want to change the landing page to JIRA as the rest of our users are mostly Confluence users.

How do i get them direct to Jira without providing a very specific URL? How do i disable the Request Access to Confluence page??

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 2, 2019

Hello Peter,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

When we use both of the products, users are redirected to the landing page we select on Administration and currently, it's not possible to define the landing page by users or groups.

You mentioned that you don't want to change the landing page to Jira or provide them a specific URL, that would be https://xxxxxxx.atlassian.net/secure/Dashboard.jspa, but this would be the only workaround for now.

Also, it's not possible to disable the Access Request, we have a feature request suggesting that:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Regards,
Angélica

Peter Natale December 2, 2019

Thanks for the explanation and  I have voted for the issue. 

One big issue is that the Application Request page is a dead end. You can only request access, there is no other choice. 

Can you just add another button that says 'No thanks, just take me to Jira'?

Peter

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2019

Thank you for the suggestion, Peter.

I added this information to the description of the feature request.

Suggest an answer