Access configuration on Issues within a project

Hello, 

My requirement is to setup access configuration in a Jira project.

For ex,

Scenerio: 

Assume that there is a user group ABC and a Jira project has 100 issues out of which 50 issues are created by yusers from ABC user group and 50 by other users.

Requirement:

user group ABC should be able to view/edit all the 100 issues and other users should be able to view/edit only 50. Other users should not have access to 50 issues created by ABC group.

Please help me with query.

Regards,

Tadul Shah.

1 answer

1 vote

Set up an issue security scheme and then set a security level that says "only group ABC can see these" on the 50 issues you need to hide.

This will not help.

When you apply security scheme for a project for a user group then only that user group will be able to view issues.

Requirement:

user group ABC should be able to view/edit all the 100 issues (50 created by ABC group and 50 created by other users) and other users should be able to view/edit only 50 (which are not created by ABC group). Other users should not have access to 50 issues created by ABC group.

It is the correct answer, but I did not explain it well.

You need to set up the security scheme because that is the *only* way to hide issues in a project.  You need to set it up with levels that enable you to select which groups can see what issues.

You will need to set the right security level on issue create (and bulk edit it onto any existing issues that need it).  Ideally, do it in a post-function so that users don't have the chance to get it wrong.

Thanks Nic for your help and describing the solution in detail. Now I am able to implement the requirement.

Sorry I missed out the second part of the answer originally!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

Meet the AUG leaders of Northern Virginia

@Rachel Wright (Jira Genie), @Billy Poggi (AUG NOVA, DC), and @Dana Jansen (Confluence Queen) are just some of the folks that lead one of the world's most active Atlassian User Group (AUG)....

158 views 5 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you