Access an inhouse application within JIRA

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2015

Can we load a different application within JIRA window. Meaning I will have a link on JIRA menu bar for our inhouse application and I wanted to access the application within the same window.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2015

You could write a simple plugin with a web fragment that adds into the menu bar (like Agile, Portfolio and other plugins do) - see https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Tutorial+-+Adding+menu+items+to+JIRA 

Or add it as a link on the "hamburger" menu dropdown - Admin -> Application manager

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2015

Thanks for sharing the pointers. The web item open the URL in  separate browser tab but I wanted to embed the application access through JIRA(like Agile, Portfolio etc).

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2015

Ah, no, that's not how they work. Agile, Portfolio and so-on are NOT applications. They are *Addons* which you add to JIRA, and run entirely inside it. You cannot install them separately, they live and run inside Jira. If you want your application to run like them, then you will need to rewrite it as a Jira addon.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 3, 2015

Or write the "menu item" trick so that it pulls up a page with an iframe in it. I keep forgetting you can do thinks like that (mostly because I don't like iframes)

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2015

I am trying with embed tag.. building plugin now. Will update here how it went soon.

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2015

It is working.. Thanks!

Suggest an answer