Access a page creator in a user macro

Sean King
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2012

I'm trying to create a user macro and I need to be able to detect the creator of the page the macro is used on. I know $action.remoteUser.name detects the currently logged in user, but how do i find the user who created the page(or at least last edited it)?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Sean King
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2012

found the answer in another person's question: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/50237/how-to-get-page-creator/50239

$content.getCreatorName()

2 votes
Sean King
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 6, 2012

After much searching, I found a solution for myself. It works because the intended use is in a personal space which is created by the user who also edited the home page last. Still would like to find one that works on a page level for other uses.

It's simply:
$space.getCreatorName()

I found it on this webpage

1 vote
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 5, 2012

The AbstractPage's getCreatorName() method will return the name of the page. This is how I would access it in a decorator, but in a macro, I can't recall how to get a reference to the current page.

Suggest an answer