About changing forward email for mail handler (SQL command)

Hi all,

Sometime, for troubleshooting purpose, we will do the db refresh from Production database to Dev database.

After the refresh, some data are using Production data.

So, we have a script which we will execute it after db refresh.

One of the script as below: (this sql is to update the Email Handler's Forward Email from Prod email account to dev email account (devjira@abc.com)

--set the notification addresses for mail services
UPDATE propertystring
SET propertyvalue = 'devjira@abc.com'
WHERE id IN (SELECT id
FROM propertyentry
WHERE property_key = 'forwardEmail'
AND entity_name = 'ServiceConfig'
AND propertytype = 5);

From table, propertystring, I can see the propertyvalue has been updated to devjira@abc.com.

When go to GUI, Log in to Jira > System > Incoming Mail ( we can see lists of Mail Handlers) , at this page, Under Properties, you can see the Forward Email: devjira@abc.com.

But, problem now is if you click on Edit (for any of the Email Handlers), click Next (go to second page for mail Handler configuration), at Forward Email, it will state jira@abc.com(Production email account).

Can anyone advise any field in database that I miss out to update it? Thanks.

3 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

My team mate found another field that needed to replace, it is propertystring table (field: propertyvalue). Thanks!

Hi,

Did you restart JIRA after running the sql script?

Vijay.

Vijay, yes, restart after the post script running (the sql). Thanks!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

21,871 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you