About an incomprehensible error when telling Confluence to use JIRA user management

Maxence.Vanbesien July 18, 2017

Hello, 

We are currently building a JIRA+Confluence server instance, with JIRA & Confluence on separate environments, and we don't manage to understand an error that happens about 4 times out of 5 when testing the user rights synchronisation from JIRA to Confluence... Here is the (real!) error encountered:

Test basic connection : Failed com.atlassian.crowd.exception.ApplicationPermissionException 

... With special characters... (see attached screenshot).

screen.jpgBeyond its understanding, may someone guide us on where to look at, to get rid of it, knowing that it doesn't happen systematically?

Thanks a lot, 

Maxence

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2017

Oh, wow, that's an interesting one.  It implies that your user system is returning a lot of rubbish to the system you are trying to connect.  If anything, I'd say it was expecting a simple string like "failed login", and it's tried to return an image of something!

Could you clarify what you are trying to hook up here?  It looks like you are trying to get JIRA to use Confluence for its user directory, but it could be the other way around from what you've said.  Is that correct?

I'd also want to see what the logs on both sides say when you try the test and get this error

Maxence.Vanbesien July 19, 2017

Hello, 

Unfortunately, nothing in the logs could be seen related to the problem. Maybe a debug mode that we didn't enable somewhere, but at the moment, we don't have any more to share... :(

And yes, the idea is to let Confluence use JIRA users database...

Also, I'm afraid that this will remain a mystery since the problem disappeared from this morning, as we had to reinstall the confluence Server after an import crashed it...

Suggest an answer