About JIRA Real Life

Arnold Chang February 20, 2013

Q1: I successfully attached a photo into a ticket while raising it using JIRA Real Life in my iPhone and iPad many times before today, which is a perfect user experience honestly from end user perspective. However, between 11:30 AM and 12:30 PM GMT+8 I created three tickets attached with a photo and then got three ticket numbers as usual, but falied to see the attached photo in these three tickets using Firefox@Win8. After then I checked the access privilege of the account I used, it's indeed allowed to create attachment in permission scheme.

Q2: Could I use JIRA Real Life to raise a ticket attached with a recorded video ? I have never and ever succeeded with my iPhone 4 running on iOS 6.0.1 (10A523). JIRA Real Life nornally crashes itself while clicking on "USE" button.

Q3. Do you provide Android's version? I could not find it out.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
TylerA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2013

Arnold,

Per the original blog and subsequent comments (http://blogs.atlassian.com/2012/09/hr-developer-jira-real-life/)...

Q1: The system may not be accepting attachments via the method used in the app. Due to recent security vulnerabilities, we have shut down portions of the API.

Q2: That's probably not something that has been implemented properly in the app yet. I would wait for the next release.

Q3: No ETA for the android version aside from "soon". This is a single-person's one-day-a-week ("20% time") project, so I wouldn't expect development to move forward quickly.

Do these sufficiently answer your questions?

Arnold Chang February 24, 2013

Thanks for your comments. In my personal view, JIRA Real Life should be given more attention because it will be a killer app to your customer's customers (end users). All they need to do is to simply provide problem statement and take a photo or video clip with their hand-held device in seconds to comperehend the context of the facing situation in visualization, the most natural, manner.

Arnold Chang March 17, 2013

Any good news on attaching a Video Clip? my JIRA Real Life crached every time while I was attaching a recorded video clip. But it works well with a photo.

Arnold Chang March 27, 2013

I got a new iphone5 yesterday. Video clip can be taken and attached to a ticket successfully after submitting

Suggest an answer