Ability to use Assignee on the Issue Navigator without Global Browse User permissions (JIRA 5.2)

David Nickell January 13, 2013

Hi -- we recently upgrade to JIRA 5.2 and I think we lost some functionality for our client users. Clients have very limited authority in our JIRA instance and we haven't given them the "Browse User" global permissions.

When they access the Issue Navigator, the lack of permissions is preventing them from being able to filter by assignee for the tickets they can see.

Has this been the way the Issue Navigator always worked? Or in previous versions could someone use the assignee filter even when they didn't have Browse User permissions?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2013

Not sure from which version of JIRA you came from but this is how the feature functions now.

Ability to select a user or group from a popup window as well as the ability to use the 'share' issues feature. Users with this permission will also be able to see names of all users and groups in the system.

David Nickell January 13, 2013

Thanks Timothy. I was afraid of that. btw we came from 5.0. I'm pretty sure the old style issue navigator (left side of screen) allowed usage of assignee by users without the Global Permission. But I can't swear to it.

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2013

Yup. The functionality works in 5.0 but not in 5.2.x. Pretty simple to check.

Suggest an answer