Ability to remove the "Source"-tab for not referenced projects

Thomas Soring January 6, 2013

Hello,

We are using fisheye and jira and have connected them with an app-link. When a user now clicks on a source-tab for a projekt which is not referenced with a fisheye-repo (in the jira-fisheye-configuration: (http://<jira-url>/secure/admin/ViewFishEyeConfig.jspa), a 403 is displayed, because jira is searching all fisheye-repos for the current jira-issue.

For us, not every user has access to every repo, so that a 403 is occured.

A solution could be, that the Source-Tab is only been disabled for every project which is not referenced in the jira-fisheye-configuration (http://<jira-url>/secure/admin/ViewFishEyeConfig.jspa).

I don't find this feature. Isn't is possible? Is there any other way to prevent this 403 (except disabling the plugin or the app-link)?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Soring January 20, 2013

install the newest fisheye-version.

1 vote
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2013

Hello,

If I correctly understood your question, I believe you can only set a different Permission Scheme for a project which has no Fisheye repository. Then, remove the "View Issue Source Tab" ability for everyone on it.

Best regards,
Lucas Timm

Thomas Soring January 13, 2013

Hi Lucas,

thanks for your answer. Of course this will solve my problem, but we are using the subversion-plugin aswell. So this will disable both, the subversion- and the source-tab.

Also I must search every project for a fisheye-repository.

Atlassian has contacted me. Maybe my problem will be solved with the newest fisheye-version. We will update this month. After that I'm going to report the result.

Thanks for your answer.

Best regards,

thosor

Thomas Soring January 20, 2013

Hi,

Problem solved.
We've installed the newest version of fisheye and the error has gone.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

thosor

Suggest an answer