Ability to notify a support person when users from a specific group create an issue

BruceK August 29, 2014

I have a use case where our support team would like to be notified with an email when users from a particular group create a JIRA issue. We are also automatically creating JIRA issues from a support email account.

After researching this quite a bit today I found enhanced mail notification plugins like JETI and JEMH but neither seems to easily allow me to solve the problem.

Thus I have concluded that the only way to really solve the problem is to write either a custom mail handler and or a custom listener some what like described in this post.

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/56290/auto-assign-labels-based-on-the-user-group

The plan would be to use the GroupManager API to test if isUserInGroup() and send the email if true.

Is this a best way to solve this issue or is there a better easier way that I missed?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Simon Kegel //SEIBERT/MEDIA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2014

Hey Bruce,

ScriptRunner should be an easy way.
Place a post-function in the create-transition and give that post-function a condition/validator - only trigger if reporter is in group "specific group" - if true send a mail to group "support".

Hope this is a valid solution for you. :)

Greets
Simon

BruceK September 1, 2014

Thanks Simon,

Kind of new to JIRA and just figured out where to insert the script in a workflow. Looks like this could work. Thanks for the answer.

Bruce

BruceK September 2, 2014

Hey Simon,

This was exactly what I needed. There is actually a listener script provided that does just what I needed.

Thanks again!!

Bruce

Suggest an answer