Ability to display issues in external JIRA OR see externally linked issues

Tony Trudeau September 21, 2017

My problem is this:
We have one Jira system at our company on-site. Our satellite studio has a separate JIRA system. Our problem is that employees need to check both jira systems if a bug happens to be filed in one or the other. 

Currently I can link JIRA's and use the 'relates to' field to link a bug in JIRA A to a master ticket in JIRA B. The problem is that in JIRA B I cannot then search for this linked issue in any way. I would like to have this issue show up on our scrum board in JIRA B so employees have one spot to check all tickets regardless of their origin.

3 answers

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2017

To show an issue in a board, it has to exist in the Jira system the board is in.

So, you need some form of copy of the issue in your system.  Best option would be to set up a synchronisation between the two systems.  Have a look at the Backbone and Exalate add-ons in the marketplace.

0 votes
Lime Trees October 7, 2017

Hi Tony,

We have plugin Link FInder which could help to resolve your problem. It is our new plugin and we would be very gratefull for your feedback.

If you have any questions please let us know.

Thanks!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2017

Please explain how this solves the problem?

Lime Trees October 17, 2017

Hi Nic

I'm sorry for long answer. Actual in this case our plugin is not able to help you. I'm sorry again for spam. I did not read your question carefully.

BR.

0 votes
Tony Trudeau September 21, 2017

I was afraid that would be the solution. I didn't want to dig into add-ons that might effect other people's work flow.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 21, 2017

The Backbone one doesn't have to - you don't have to have identical processes on both sides, or even sync in both ways.

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 21, 2017

The same applies for exalate.

You could even have status changes on one side be translated to comments on the other side.

The built-in scripting engine allows for the flexibility that any synchronisation solution requires.

Francis

(Obviously I'm part of the team building exalate :-) )

Suggest an answer