Ability to customize workflows and install plugins in Jira Hosted

oscar albrecht May 31, 2014

I've used Jira in another company and, once we had it customized, it worked perfectly for us. At that time, we had our own server running Jira.

I would like to know if there are limitations in Jira cutomization when we use Jira Hosted.

Is it possible to use plugins?

Is it possible to customize workflows? Task types (story, epic, bug, etc)? And task states (open, closed, reopened, etc)?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2014

Plugins - you are limited to the list of addons that Atlassian support. Plus, you can write and use "Atlassian Connect" addons too.

Workflows, fields, screens, and all the rest of the application config - the short answer is "help yourself"

As you're familiar with a self-hosted Jira, your best starting point is probably the list of stuff you can *not* do on Ondemand. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Restricted+Functions+in+Atlassian+OnDemand

oscar albrecht June 1, 2014

That is cool,

I am taking a look into it and using Jira Trial to learn.

As far as I understood, to access the Agile tab, I would need to buy Jira Agile plugin, is this correct?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2014

Yes, Agile is an addon for Jira.

Suggest an answer