Abbreviating headers in issue lists

Thierry July 29, 2013

Hi,

The field "Issue Type" is abbreviated in most issue lists (or issue navigator) as "T". The "Priority" field is abbreviated as "P". But when you're on a form (such as Create Issue), the label for the field is the full name.

I have a custom field called "Priority Order" which contains numeric values up to 2 digits and is therefore very narrow. However, when displayed in a list (for example, in a dashboard, or in a filter) the header takes a lot of space to fit the words "Priority Order" and I end up with a very wide column with a lot of blank. I'd like to show an abbreviation for the column header ("PO" for example).

Can I do this?

Thanks,

T

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thierry August 15, 2013

I've logged this as an improvement request: JRA-34343

Custom fields, abbreviate column headers

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2013
Thierry August 4, 2013

Thanks Timothy.

I have 2 comments for Jira...

1) I've searched extensively for existing info on this question, and didn't find any. Then clicking on the link provided by Timoty, it asked me to register my account. Fine for me. But does this means the ticket tracking for Jira is only readable with an account? Therefore, google can't index it? I might be wrong, I've not verified this. But it's not ideal.

2) JRA-21429: Custom fields - have the ability to have an abbreviation display in the column heading

was closed more than 2 years ago (May 2010) with a "no, can't do that, you can customize jira yourself"). I'm wondering if I should reopen this old ticket, or open a new one, so that the current Jira team reconsider this suggestion...

T

Suggest an answer