AUI | Rendering of button groups on Safari

Frédéric Tardieu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2014

Hi all,

It looks like button groups (like seen on AUI Sandbox example here: https://developer.atlassian.com/design/1.3/controls/toolbar/) are not rendering well on Safari (at least on Safari version 5.1.7): there is a space between the buttons, when there is no space on any other browser (IE, FF, Chrome, ...).

Is it a normal lool on Safari? Or is there anything wrong in AUI? I'm testing against JIRA 6.1.

Thanks,

Fred

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sean Curtis
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 10, 2014
Hi Fred, Unfortunately AUI doesn't support such an old version of Safari. It supports the latest version of Safari (7), Chrome, and Firefox - as well as IE 9-11. Cheers, Sean.
Frédéric Tardieu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2014

Hi Sean,

I forgot to mention that I performed the test on Windows, and it seems that latest Safari version on Windows is 5.1.7 (OK it's maybe weird to use Safari on Windows ;-))

F.

Sean Curtis
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2014
Hi Fred, Yeah – I don't think Safari on Windows was ever supported by AUI. Sorry mate :)

Suggest an answer